Standard 8 : Fluids and Nutrition – 3 hours
This course achieves an awareness in Standard 8 and supports people to understand the important of nutrition and hydration on a persons physical and emotional well being.
- Understand the principles of hydration, nutrition and food safety
- Identify signs and symptoms of malnutrition and hydration
- Support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their plan of care
- Support individuals to have access to food and nutrition in accordance with their plan of care.
- Ideas to encourage increase of fluid and nutrition for those at risk