Level 2 National Award in Principles & Practices of Infection Control prevention – 3 hours
Meeting the Care Certificate standard 15 Anyone working in a health and social care setting must enrol on this invaluable course. Infection can put your clients at risk and your staff teams and visitors. Our interactive course puts the fun back into managing the spread and prevention of infection. This course is ideal for nursing home staff, residential workers, catering teams, hospital workers and those providing domiciliary services in the community.
- Understand the term infection and diseases
- Identify some of the Health Care Acquired infections, such as MRSA
- Explaining what is meant by the ‘chain of infection’ and tools to break the chain
- How to manage sharps and spliages
- Demonstrate the effective stages of hand washing