Dementia Awareness – 3 hours
Who should attend this course?
This course is an essential resource for both direct care & support staff as well as staff in non-care roles who need to have a basic awareness and understanding of dementia. This informative and interactive program will ensure staff leave with the understanding of what dementia is as well as the effects of dementia on individuals.
To provide participants with an awareness and understanding of Dementia symptoms and how this impacts on their clients on a daily basis
• Understand the umbrella term dementia
• Expel some of the common myths about dementia
• Understand how dementia affects the brain
• Identify some of the common types of dementia
• Explore the effects of dementia on the individual including communication and social impacts
• Tools to help support those affected by dementia