Continence Care – 3 hours
Who should attend this course?
This course is essential to all staff working with individuals experiencing urinary incontinence.
It will provide the necessary information to support practice and understanding around continence care including the different causes of incontinence, promoting continence and promoting dignity in continence care recognising the importance of personal beliefs in providing effective support
- Understand anatomy in relation to continence care
- Understand the different forms of incontinence
- Understand factors that influence the management of continence
- Explore the range of equipment and aids for managing incontinence
- Supporting self-management
- Understand the need for safety and promoting infection prevention and control
- Recording support around continence support